Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Body Piercing and Tattoing: Risk to Health

I allready knew that some tattos take hours to get done, some piercing hurt and take weeks to heal or to get used to. I knew that once you get a tatto you cant give blood for a year allready. Also i allready knew that tatto and body piercing is a art work, that shows expressioin and can be somthing symbolic. After reading this I found out something shocking, that in history people used to pierce their bodies, I never knew that piercing went back this far. To show manhood Roman soldier used to pierce thier nipples. The risk of getting a tatto from an un-sterolized needle is a STD, hepetatis A and or B. For piercing you can get swelling, redness, and puse. If any of these things happen you ghould get help.

3 comments:

  1. After reading the article i was also surprised that "The risk of getting a tatto from an un-sterolized needle is a STD, hepetatis A and or B". Makes me think again about getting a tatoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that tattos and body piercing is symbolic, because alot of cultures use them to signal how powerful or tough they are

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have done research on piercing for a project in high school and believe it or not, piercings and tattoos go back in time where they say the "cave man era." Piercing and tattoos did start as a religious and tradition thing until people started seeing it as an art form.

    ReplyDelete