Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Two beautiful laughing sisters

Before reading this story I knew that it was going to be about sisters from Kurdish, who came to America. Reading that they were from there I allready knew the bad things that occurr's over in that area. What I wanted to know is what kind of jobs did the sister get after comming to Americ? Did they evey get a degree? and would they go back to their country and try to help those that are trying to get out of poverty and abbuse. What I learned was that the cops over there aren't really there for protection of the citizens. They just there to abuse their power. I also learned that females had to wear thick clothing and scars when walking outside in that extruciating heat. PLus they couldn't wear any lipstick or make-up. I think that what they had to go threw is horribel and that no one should be treated reason for any reason. Why would you treat females like they are inferior when they are the ones that have to carry you for 9 months. If anything females shuold be respected and treated as equal. I feel sorry for them having to walk outside with scarfs and extra clothing on when the weahter is 96 degrees everyday. I want to know whats the purpose of them treating females this way?

2 comments:

  1. It is very horrible what the women have to go through in that country, and how they have to wear scarves and heavy clothing in hot weather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fernando, I'm glad that you found the article interesting. Sometimes we have to face difficult situations in life. Hopefully we can over come these bad situations.
    Keep reading!
    Prof. Westry

    ReplyDelete